Levaquin â Side-Effects, Safety and Recall Information
| || |
According to the FDA, Levaquin®* may cause side-effects.
If you experience any of the following side-effects, call your doctor immediately:
· skin rash
· difficulty breathing or swallowing
· swelling of the face or throat
· yellowing of the skin or eyes
· dark urine
· pale or dark stools
· blood in urine
· pain, inflammation, or rupture of a tendon
· rapid, irregular, or pounding heartbeats
*Levaquin® is marketed by Merck as a treatment for bronchitis, sinus infections, pneumonia, and urinary tract infections. The active ingredient is levofloxacin.
Disclaimer: The information presented here is not meant to be medical advice nor to act as a substitute for medical advice. Serious side-effects, including death, could result if one were to take any prescription medicine without the supervision of a physician.
Copyright 2003, Thomas Manaugh, PhD